|Dress #1 - thrifted duvet cover used as fabric|
It is the Sew Lisette/ Simplicity Traveller pattern 2246.
I made it as a dress (View A) twice.
|Dress #2 in dark blue cotton|
I used some cotton fabric I bought on sale at the start of the year. I think it is Robert Kaufman chambray but I cannot quite remember. A lot has happened since I bought it. I am not even sure where I bought it from or why. This is weird as I rarely buy fabric. It was some kind of impulse purchase. But it was hanging around in my stash, taking up too much space. I am glad to have used it up. It looks brownish but in fact is orange and purple threads woven together. This gives it an iridescent quality in some lights.
I cut a straight size 12. I didn't do any adjustments except shorten the sleeve length.
View B has a shorter length and a curved hem, it has a standup collar and button plackets. It is really straightforward to sew. Just two bust darts and then seams, a tiny bit of gathering to ease in the sleeve. I think it could be a good pattern if you wanted to conquer a button hole making fear as you have to sew eight but there is nothing else in the pattern that is tricky.
|That's not a tail, just a cardigan hanging up behind me|
I also made the matching tie belt. I have been wearing the tunic a lot as I have found it to be a great transitional autumnal top. It has a bit of ease throughout but I like that as I am so uncomfortable in anything clingy. Plus it covers up a multitude of chocolate eating. I am thinking about making another one. I 'd quite like a plaid one for winter.