Tuesday, 20 October 2009

It took so long....Simplicity 2599

This top has taken me almost two months to sew - not because it is esepcially tricky but because it was so hard to find the time. I made it as a birthday gift for my friend and so worked to a higher standard of finish than I probably would have done if it was for me!
I bought the Amy Butler fabric at the Quilts UK expo at the NEC in August. All I can say now is."Phew..."

Next challenge is to post it before the postal strike. This is more of a challenge as my daughter currently refuses her pram and insists on walking to the local post office. She also refuses hand holding. Problem is we have a major building site at the end of our road and a burgeoning tesco store with heavy traffic. I have to bribe her into the pram with food. She can (and does) climb out once strapped in - when the food runs out!

The surrounding dragonflies were made by the kids at Apple Day(http://greenwoodcentre.org.uk/). More on that later.

Friday, 9 October 2009

A bad pic of a good cushion

I made this initial cushion for my friend's daughter's 2nd birthday. I used Bondaweb and zig-zagged the cushion onto a blue cotton. Very simple to do. I am planning on some more for Christmas presents... but have been very busy making two tunic tops recently and must finish them before anything else is started. I haven't blogged recently with the return to school. My son has started at a new school and I now have to drive down country lanes, avoiding tractors. I am finding it very tiring, especially as my two year old keeps starting the day at 4 or 5am.