Tuesday 22 October 2013

Autumnal home tour

Warning: this post is strictly tongue in cheek and may upset those who prefer a model house with pinterest worthy interiors. 

Welcome to the autumnal home tour with Minnado's House.  Our hostess keeps grinning fixedly as she removes a piece of half chewed broccoli  from under her foot and deftly flicks dried banana from her hair.  Here you can see the capriciously curated Shelves of Doom. 














Watch out for the walls so wittily decorated with toddler scribble.  The dining table looks great with random papers and disconnected speakers.  


And don't you just love the still life in the bedroom, "Old computer parts"  Who wouldn't love to wake up to this?    


Don't you just love the organisational system here??
Our hostess offers a useful tip, "Give the vacuum cleaner to a child and set them to work",

11 comments:

  1. So funny! I must see if my teenagers would like a turn with the Hoover...

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I commend the child labour. I also had the vacuum cleaning chore as a kid.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, maybe if my kids keep up vacuuming as a chore they could qualify as doctors too one day? I can only dream there is a correlation :)

      Delete
  3. Teeheehee! You're quite brave-- I'm too afraid to face the mess in my apartment (some highlights include tumblin' tumbleweed of dog hair, recycling bins overflowing with soda cans, and the fact that laundry is never put away, it merely goes from clean pile to dirty pile without ever making it into the wardrobe)! Oh well, life's too short for a spotless home!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the highlights of your home;) Yes, life is too short. Bur recently I have visited a few houses of my kids school friends and been amazed at the neatness and lack of clutter!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for your honesty :)
    My house is even worse, if that helps at all...?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does help, yes...strangely comforting to know it is not just me! x

      Delete
  5. Old computer part is all the rage here as well. Still upset about it that kids have to go to school just when they are old enough to do the vacuum cleaning :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad it's not just my house decorated with old computer bits! You are so right about kids, school age and vacuuming!

      Delete