Monday 15 February 2016

A february catch up


"I can walk to nursery by myself.  I am big" she says. And here she is marching along while I wander behind her.  I cannot believe some days that Rocket Girl is now four.  It seems so long ago that she was that little baby.  Also if she is now four that means I have been blogging for a long time.  Um...eight or nine years.  I am glad of the friendships made along the way.You know who you are.  
There has been so little time for this space recently, I have thought about giving up but I like having this little place that is mine. Last year I made a lot of things that I never got around to blogging.  I was worrying about the lack of clear identity.  Not quite a sewing blog, not quite a parent blog,,,certainly too scruffy to be a lifestyle blog, that idea makes me snort out my coffee.  Maybe the muddle that is my blog reflects the muddle that is me.  I once worked with a professor who claimed that the state of your work desk reflects the state of your mind.  His was clear.  Mine was a mess.  My messy mind is why I am addicted to lists.   They help me calm my thoughts and plan what I am doing.  I currently survive by having a big white board on which I plot the weekly clubs and menus.  I especially need this as I have a partner who has very little short term memory.  We often have a conversation in which we discuss what is happening a few days away, plan who will do what, and then he will have no recollection of this at all,  I am fighting back against this armed with my whiteboard and calendar.  Living with someone with little memory is very tiring.  Is this a general male thing or just a specific thing in my house?
I finally got my act together and got myself a 21st century phone. My eldest was actually impressed with me.  He is almost thirteen now so is very rarely impressed with me.  He was a little less impressed when I couldn't switch it on.  But the upshot of this is I joined instagram and you can find me over there as minnadoshouse. Come and say hello.  I am enjoying playing with IG and the new and renewed connections it has enabled me to make.

There has been some sewing here.  I bought myself Lotta Jansdotter's "Everyday Style" for Christmas.  More on that soon.  I promise, I really do.

15 comments:

  1. I sometimes feel the same about my blog. And then I remind myself that actually my space first and foremost. I value the friendships I've made, and the support that I have received. I bleddy loathe 'lifestyle' blogs. I don't want to be told what colour to paint what, or what bowl to place where. It gets right on my chimes, and I've subsequently deleted most of them from my feed. The ones I gravitate towards are those that are a hotchpotch of stuff. I do love a well styled mantel, but that's because I haven't got one and I'm jealous. I love seeing the crafty cleverness of others, because I'm not at all crafty clever. I love to share the beauty of where I live, because I still can't believe that I do live here. I talk about my family because I love them. Even when they do my head in. I love Instagram, because for me it's like popping my head over a neighbour's wall to say hello. I also waffle on a lot.
    Have a great week,
    Leanne xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heehee, you make me laugh about lifestyle blogs. I love what you say in your comment and wholeheartedly agree. You just manage to say it much better than me. :) xx

      Delete
  2. Wow, she is so big now! When did that happen?!? I hope you stick around; your style of messy is refreshingly real. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not sure how she got so big, I just kept feeding her and she keeps growing. Thank you for your lovely words. xx

      Delete
  3. I like your musings on what your blog means, your comments on lifestyle blogs made me laugh! I'm glad you decided to keep up your blog, i enjoy reading it. Your little girl looks very big & independent striding off like that, I bet she kept checking you were following though?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. She was still checking - she is a funny mix of independent and clingy. xx

      Delete
  4. Ahhh I'm so glad you have posted.I have been waiting, hoping you are still in the blog world. As you know I deem to dip in out of blogging, a few months here and there, maybe a its a journal, maybe it's sewing, I don't know! I think mine is sewing but that doesn't always get made.
    I love your blog there are only a few that I have real connection too. Knowing real people making. Juggling.
    My husband to is forgetful but if its really bad there must be some advice or strategies out there to help you get by.
    Big hugs my friend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad YOU posted !! Thank you for the kind words. We should try and meet up again when I am in Devon next. Hopefully it will be this summer. xx

      Delete
    2. Oh yes please! That would be lovely.
      Don't worry about the blog to much.xxx

      Delete
  5. Ahhh I'm so glad you have posted.I have been waiting, hoping you are still in the blog world. As you know I deem to dip in out of blogging, a few months here and there, maybe a its a journal, maybe it's sewing, I don't know! I think mine is sewing but that doesn't always get made.
    I love your blog there are only a few that I have real connection too. Knowing real people making. Juggling.
    My husband to is forgetful but if its really bad there must be some advice or strategies out there to help you get by.
    Big hugs my friend xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's your blog, so do what you want with it. And if it doesn't fit a particular category, does it matter? There will be plenty of us reading, regardless! Keep up the good work! X

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh no... I hope the state of my desk doesn't reflect the state of my mind, but honestly, it probably does- a total mess, despite all efforts to tidy it! I agree with everyone else- just do whatever you feel like doing here, whenever you feel like doing it!

    I can't believe RG is so big now! The time has really flown from my perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't believe Rocket Girl is four already! Don't worry, not everything needs labels, least of all your own little corner of the Internet. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe Rocket Girl is four already! Don't worry, not everything needs labels, least of all your own little corner of the Internet. :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Debbie!! It is so nice to hear your voice, as always :-). I can't believe how big Rocket Girl is! She has such personality, so winsome really. That endearing mix of independence and clingy is precious (and won't be here forever). Please keep posting exactly as you wish to, on whatever topics you choose. You know I will read, no matter what :-).

    ReplyDelete