Sunday 4 August 2013

FO: Red jeans

Hello there, I am in the midst of summer holidays and climbing toddler mayhem.  This means little time to get my hands on my computer to read blogs or write any posts.  But I did finish my red denim skinnies a few weeks ago and have since worn them a lot. 




Once again I used the Sew Liberated Simple Skinny Jeans pattern.  I used red stretch denim from Ditto which has a slight sheen.  It is completely different to the dark blue denim I used for the first pair. It is 3% elastane  and is a lighter less dense weave than the dark blue which makes the red jeans more summer appropriate.  I have found  my dark blue jeans too hot to wear recently.  Although I cut the red jeans to the same size they feel slightly roomier and are not really skinny, more skinny-ish. 
I bought 1.5 metres and had just enough fabric left over to make another pair of shorts! You will have to wait to see them.  I used a thrifted red tee shirt for the jersey waistband.

I don't usually photograph my backside...but here it is just to show you the reverse.  These jeans are great...so comfortable and they suit my life at the moment.  How's summer treating you?

9 comments:

  1. These look great, one day I will be up to trying to sew my own jeans! And summer has been quite hot here in eastern North Carolina, but we did manage to get away for a week I July.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are pretty awesome in red. Gorgeous colour. But I'd still find it too hot to wear even lighter weight denim! So not surprised you've had to out your others on hold for now. Like the top too :-) it's a lovely look x

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so cute! I love the red color!

    ReplyDelete
  4. these are so cute and comfy looking! great work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These look like the perfect summer pants. It must feel pretty great to be able to go out and about in RED jeans!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like these! To me, they look perfect - not glued-on-skinny but very slim and well-cut. Plus, red! Look at all these bottoms you've sewed up this summer ... Love! Hope you're doing well in the midst of summer mayhem :-).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh those look great! Perfect for summer child-herding! ;)
    It is so interesting to hear how differently the two fabrics made the skinniness appear. I have been planning another pair of portfoilo pants but am nervous about the entirely different fabric I have in mind - I don't want to blow it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They are cute! Like you, I am not getting much blog or stitching time, but I like the change of pace...autumn will come soon enough. When it does your red jeans will be great with autumn colours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Red jeans! I'm impressed, they look very nice. I love that they have a jersey waistband - maybe if I made some with one, I'd wear jeans more often!

    ReplyDelete