An old friend (who I love very much if she's reading this) sent me some fine needlecord-ish fabric as a surprise Christmas present. The fabric pattern reminds me of a magnified tweed or the old seat coverings on the tube and buses.
I decided to use the Maria Denmark pattern as the fabric is a light cord with enough drape to hold the pleats without being too rigid. Once I found where I had saved the pdf (a challenge in itself) I printed it off. It is a nice easy sew, the skirt has two main pieces with a side zip and a faced waistband. Instructions are clear and instructions for a lined version are included but I decided to go with unlined. I did add french seams though and I like the clean finish I now have. I also did a ribbon hem which is my current favourite way to hem.