Saturday 13 November 2010

ahem...hoarding alert








This is what lives in the bottom of my wardrobe. I can take
clothes to the charity shop, I can ebay and freecycle away my baby stuff, but I cannot, cannot part with this. I have to call it a collection rather than just a hoard because then I sound ordered and sensible. I keep dreaming of lace trimmed sleeves and dresses with lace necks, lace yokes. I think it really is about time I used some of this.
We don't have many family heirlooms - maybe this collection is about it, my grandpa ran a wedding and evening dress business from the 1940s until the late 1970s and these laces are from his now long-departed business.

4 comments:

  1. They are gorgeous and its lovely that they were your Grandpa's.

    Hope you have a great weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my--this is not hoarding it is curating a collection. And it's so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Curating a collection - you put it so much more eloquently than me Sigrid!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are beautiful - I hope you never part with them.

    ReplyDelete