I bought 2 metres of raspberry stepweave wool crepe on ebay about three years ago. It languished in my stash as I was too scared to sew with it. It was a glorious colour but too nice for my slapdash sewing I thought. Last year I even put it back on ebay in an attempt to clear my stash but no one bought it! By November last year I finally gained the courage to wash the fabric and using a special wool washing liquid it was fine. Emboldened by this, I cut and sewed an Amy Butler Anna dress (pattern here).
Previously, I have made this pattern in plain grey,
green patterned as a top, in orange as a sundress and in red polka dot as a top! I think I got my money's worth from this pattern!
The new dress is fully lined with black and white polka dots. The wool crepe hangs beautifully and the dress rustles when I walk. For some reason this equates with being very grown up in my mind! I am so very happy to have stashbusted this fabric.