Only two days left of self stitched September... can I manage to wear this dress before October? I am thinking it may have to be with tights now. I was so careful sewing it and while sewing it I was really looking forward to wearing but I just never reach for it in the mornings!
Ali has posted some interesting observations about photographing her outfits for SSS. I have to say I struggled with photographing more in May but I have realised a few things:
1. There is no clutter free AND well lit space in my house.
2. My house more and more resembles a pre school.
3. I tend to look for the negative aspects in any photo of myself.
4. My leggings are too wrinkly (I am channelling Nora Batty tights here)
5. My default photo pose is hands in pockets, closed mouth smile
6. I am crap at fitting all of me - shoes etc - in one photo (amply illustrated by the pic below for 26th September)
7. I am too rushed/lazy/disorganised to put on make up for the photos other than my daily mascara
8. I read somewhere that a photo is more flattering if taken looking downward at you rather than up, I think this is true! There is less double chinnification this way (try it out for yourself)
So here are some more photos,
I was trying to show my boots on the 26th photo, hence the rather strained pose on a chair. (and I didn't quite manage to fit the boots in) On the 27th I wore a me made t-shirt but didn't photo it as Little I and me were full of cold and I was feeling particularly sorry for myself, while drinking honey and lemon.
And a new location for 28th September - my son's bedroom - I just pushed the assorted junk to one side in an attempt to have a clutter free picture. I look more tired than usual I think as Little I was up since 5am today. She was also up at 2am, 2.30, 3.00, and 4am looking for her "best friend" (her brother).