Friday 10 September 2010

SS september 6, 7, 8, 9, 10


So, September 6th brown dress from the sheath pattern in the Sew U dresses book, and underneath it a half slip I made as it was so see through. I used a charity shop bed sheet to make a wearable muslin. I still have some fit issues with this dress and am not sure about the very brown-ness of it. I don't think it is a very flattering shape on my figure and maybe would be better in a different type and colour of fabric and with a belt. It was however very comfortable to wear and a novelty to wear a dress. And I did wear it all day ...and I felt quite happy in it till I looked in the mirror!
Sept 7th - My Tate denim skirt and Simplicity 2259 ruffle top. Navy and Mustard yellow is a close favourite colour combo after the old navy red white combo. I am loving this skirt - it is so comfortable to wear and versatile.

Sept 8th - stripey nautical t shirt, made from Sew U home stretch pattern for breton t shirt and charity shop fabric find. I made it too big though and have decided I will have to adjust it as it falls off my shoulders. Sometimes I seem to think I am much bigger than I really am. Any one eelse have trouble recognising their body shape? Worn with my Polish Beads from my lovely, lovely, lovely polish friend. (That's in case you are reading this Gosia)



Sept 9th - Simplicity 3835 made in Amy Butler fabric (a rare use of more expensive shop bought fabric for me) I had made this longer originally but decided after seeing photos of it to trim the hem a few inches as it looked a bit like a maternity tent before. Oddly enough I don't like this top on me very much even though it is the one made with the most expensive fabric and I was really anticipating it being great when I made it last year.




Finally Sept 10th - the weather has got a bit colder- so I am finally wearing socks.
This is my Amy Butler Anna tunic made in some grey wool mix suiting from Ebay, with added pockets for little bits of lego.
I apologise for my repetitive background. I will try to get a new background next week. Honestly, I do leave my house every day.































1 comment:

  1. Great outfits...I love your Amy Butler tunic! I have the opposite problem i think i'm smaller than i am :( Hope you have a great weekend x

    ReplyDelete